Via Leopardi, 5-0721 908 466
Origins: name repeats the ancient fundus Aquilianus of Roman, on which then, after the barbarian invasions, was sheltered the different populations of the valley, who built the “castrum Aquiliani” (sec. IX-X). For centuries a subject of Ancona Agugliano, for his loyalty, suffered reprisals and ruin those militias who, unable to occupy the city, vented their anger on the castles and its suburbs. Municipality (second half of the sixteenth century), the castle has been significantly developed in the area at greater insolation.
Borgo Ruffini. Built in the ‘600 the village of Agugliano is indicated by the last name of Ruffini, a rich lineage of traders from Brescia, arrived in’ 500 Ancona and then enrolled to the nobility of the city. For the last will and testament Marquis Giovanni Ruffini, the City in 1824 fù the heir of all the estates that had in that locality.
Castel D’Emilio, the whole of the medieval castle is still fairly preserved, while new structures outside of the walls, designed with the right criterion, show that a country has to expand. Inside they remain to witness the antiquated beauty agglomeration of small houses intersected by the well-paved streets today.
Church of St. Mary in Nazareth, within two valuable paintings, one in the apse of the seventeenth century dedicated to the Translation of the Holy House, the other depicting Pope St. Celestine V in pontifical vestments
Church of SS. Sacramento with a canvas of Peruzzini Sant’Anastasio dedicated to the patron of the town and the tomb of Card. Antonio Vico (1847-1929)
Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie with a beautiful portal in lions of the fourteenth century and Paliotto 1697 dedicated to St. Francis
Convent and the remains of the Church of St. Francis perhaps founded by the Saint in 1212, the structure of the church is the school of Vanvitelli.