City of Lapedona
Piazza G. Leopardi, 1 to 0734 936 321
The territory that extends between Fermo and the river Aso just a short distance from the sea, port tracks, as the whole area Piceno, colonization and then of Roman civilization.
Perhaps the most remarkable testimony of what is expressed by the memorial stone of a local magistrate kept under the porch communal. During the Middle Ages Lombards and Monks Avellaniti founded several castles whose churches, Romanesque, are still well maintained. In the thirteenth century, the scattered settlements are abandoned and founded the present town, on the highest hill (mt. 264 above sea level) and near a large watchtower (also well preserved and transformed over time into unusual majestic bell tower of Collegiate Church of St. Lawrence).
Lapedona and its churches:
Parish church are kept inside, in addition to the venerated wooden statue of the patron S. Quirico protector of children, a painting attributed to Pietro Alamanno, two panels representing San Sebastiano and San Rocco, Madonna on the throne of the fourteenth century.
Church of St. Nicholas (XVII-XVIII century) in perfect and sober baroque style, has built five altars in gilded wood and marble, a wooden ceiling, damask and a beautiful altarpiece by Simone de Magistris, in addition to an organ Paci 1800.
Collegiate Church of St. Lawrence, where there are the pregievoli Baroque altars in gilded wood, a wooden crucifix of the XVI century and an organ Calido of 1700 recently restored and then recovered to concert activities.
Priory Church of SS. Giacomo and Quirico (XIV century) totally rebuilt in the nineteenth century, it houses important paintings of the fifteenth century.
Church of St. Mary of the Angels to Nivem in the castle village with frescoes of the fifteenth century, recently restored.