Town of Belmonte Piceno
Piazza G. Leopardi, 6-0734 771100
Belmontesi intention of the twelfth century church of SS. Salvatore, on the hill adjacent to Santa Maria in Muris (then San Simon) was the landmark of the new castle which was given the name by the colonists immigrants from Belmonte Sabino in the abbey of Farfa.
In the Middle Ages the church was established at the headquarters office of the Mayor, later erected the house a gentleman Brunforte and others so that the square in front of the church is bordered by buildings constructed in the XV, XVIII and XX, buildings characteristic. The parish church was rebuilt also dependent on the fifteenth century by the Metropolitan Chapter of Fermo, with its coat of arms of the lamb lying on the book with seven seals and regent the cross of redemption.
Church of SS. Salvatore: (XII century) was the landmark of the new castle which was given the name by the colonists immigrants from Belmonte Sabino, near the Abbey of Farfa. In the Middle Ages the church was established at the headquarters office of the Mayor. The old church was small and low, but the archbishop Urban Parracioni created the space to extend the church. The run lasted seven years (1770-1776) and were eventually delivered the magnificent paintings by Filippo Ricci representing the titular saints.
“Small” shared by the “big” gastronomic qualities:
The typical dishes of the Marches, which vincisgrassi, noodles, rabbit stew, pork, offal, but everything seems to take more flavor. The slaughter of pigs born family: “ciauscoli”, loins and hams whose scents t’innebriano. Still not content, we can make life sweeter with damselfish, “pistringu” pizza with figs, and cicerchiata ciambellette. The productions of the area are: wine, also “cooked”, olive oil and corn meal (maize) stone-ground in the local mill.