City of Castelraimondo
Republic Square, 12-0737 641723
Due to its location, in a crossroads in the Valley of the Potenza, certainly Castelraimondo was important since ancient times.
Due to its location, in a crossroads in the Valley of the Potenza, certainly Castelraimondo was important since ancient times. The castle was built by permission of Raymond, a native of Aspello (France), son of Atto (or brass) and nephew of Pope Clement V, for the Guelph Camerino could defend against attacks of Ghibelline cities. The castle was owned by the Da Varano of Camerino.
Lanciano Castle was built in 1350-1418 and restored by the Da Varano at later dates. In 1621, he passed in rent to the Longing, then to the Rose in 1680, finally to Bandini who had as a fief by Pope Benedict XV. The interior is decorated in stucco, there are rooms for the collection of paintings, including portraits of famous women of the Da Varano. And ‘it surrounded by a large park. And ‘property of the Archbishop of Camerino.
The formwork powerful crenellated tower of 36 m. and symbol of the town, is the largest remnant of the ancient fortress.