City of Offagna
Piazza del Comune, 1-071 7208869
Offagna is a country of the immediate hinterland of Ancona, located 309 meters above sea level and easily accessible for those arriving by car using the motorway; it is just 6 km. from the exit of the A14, exit Ancona South. The country is a predominantly medieveali and you can still visit the beautiful fortress of the fifteenth century, the tower of the late thousand, the Church of Sacramento of the seventeenth century attributed to Vici . To these monuments must be added the wide panorama that opens over the hills to the sea and the atmosphere of tranquility, of serernità and cordiality that reigns in this village. Offagna also offers visitors home-cooked food and desserts prepared respectively by the trattoria Alocco and Pasticerria Piero, which contribute together with tuti other shops and bars for a pleasant walk in the alleys.
The medieval fortress: the historical culture of Offagna is enough on healthy and genuine peasant culture and the most important monument of the town is undoubtedly the medieval fortress, which still stands majestically. The fortress was built between 1454 and 1456, enhancing an existing ancient castle in the highest part of the hill overlooking the valley dell’Aspio. Situated on a rock of tufa, whose massive walls, with some caves, it has been highlighted in recent times, assumes, because of its location, a more imposing. This garrison that protected them territory subject to Ancona and was at the center of numerous military operations, such as the bloody conflict that anconitani and Osimani therein supported 27 June 1477. As reported by the Grillantini, doyen of local historians, in 1470 arose serious disagreements between Ancona and Osimani, because of incursions and assassinations, including the famous slaughter of pigs owned by Boccolino Guzzone, famous and restless captain source offagnanese, but then osimo. The colorful affair gave rise to the “Battle of the pig”. The fortress still preserves a particular fascination: the building is quadrangular tower with eccentric advanced than the body, which houses the drawbridge. Walkways and halls, including that of torture, suggest to the visitor ancient atmospheres, that condense soon as one reaches the top of the keep: from up there, surrounded by the wind that often blows there, you can enjoy a panorama of wide view, which reveals beautiful scenery of the Marche and the strategic importance of the fort. For fans of historical information, it should be noted that the highest point is a bronze bell, cast in 1477 by James of Istria, engraved with one of the oldest coats of arms of the town of Ancona depicting the knight. La Rocca in recent years has hosted and continue to host archaeological exhibitions made by the Superintendency of the Marche in collaboration with the Municipality and the local Pro Loco.
Museum of the Rock and Antique Arms: quadrangular with keep and towers (XV century), houses archaeological exhibitions made by the Superintendency of the Marche in collaboration with the City and the Pro Loco.
Natural Science Museum “Luigi Paolucci” consists of a part of the exhibits taken from the collections (paleontological, mineralogical, zoological and botanical) of the illustrious scholar and passionate naturalist from Ancona (1849/1935). The museum is divided into seven rooms including: the river environment, the coastal, hilly, mountainous and Educational Laboratory. Unique finds of species that have disappeared are valuable testimonies that help us to reconstruct and understand the evolution and alteration of our territory. On the second floor of the museum houses the Municipal Library.
You can also visit the Church of SS. Sacramento, the Monastery and the Parish Church to which houses the altarpiece of San Bernardino Patron of Offagna.
The country is a predominantly medieval. The fortress was built between 1454 and 1546, enhancing an existing ancient castle in the highest part of the hill overlooking the valley dell’Aspio. This garrison that protected them territory subject to Ancona and was at the center of numerous military operations, such as the bloody conflict that anconitani and Osimani therein supported 27 June 1477.