Comune di Staffolo
Via XX Settembre, 14 – 0731 779218
Most likely your name comes to the country from the Lombard “staffal” indicating originally “pole” and also used to mean “border post” or “stone”. On this track it is not unreasonable to assume that Stafford is probably built on an old village (vicus) Roman, a kind of military garrison.
The Middle Ages saw Stafford free city, and twice had to submit to Jesi, convinced by the strength of the opponents.
Stafford is governed by its own statutes and its history, it is almost needless to say, it does not differ from those of other centers and communities of Brand Anconetana.
Medieval walls with the original layout and the two gates of Porta Venezia and Porta San Martino.
Church of Sant’Egidio dedicated to the Patron of the town, preserves an altarpiece of the so-called Master of Staffolo and a dais school Lotto.
St. Francis Church (XII century) the recent appearance is due to remodeling of 1700. Inside four valuable paintings, a Callido organ and a wooden choir.
Church of Santa Maria della Castellaretta jewel in baroque style, was built as a thanksgiving for the victory of the Battle of Lepanto.