Piazza Umberto I, 1-0735 98130
According to some sources, the foundation of the castle of Cossignano was by the noble Roman patrician Cossinio. The historic Vicione instead deduced that today extends Cossignano where there was formerly a fund, owned by the family of Etruscan origin and Cossinea Cossinio descendant of the king of Chiusi. Covering themselves slowly housing, the original nucleus became a castle, always preserving the centuries the name of the ancient family. Of considerable importance it was to Cossignano the fourteenth century to the epic deeds of Ser Balduzio, lord of the castle and its folded Woman Orgilla that together they fought to the last against the tyrant Boffo from Massa, lord of Carassai, which subjected Cossignano for long years ; these heroic characters resisted the invader from the ancient keep, stronghold of the country, today terrace.
Parish Church of St. Mary of the Assumption built in 1792 on the site of the ancient church of St. Mary of Farfa, has paintings on canvas of great interest to art marattesca XVII century and works by Nicola Monti from Ascoli.
Town Hall which houses the historical archive of the town, with a fund of parchment documents of the XIV-XVI. Interest the bell tower and the ancient bell tubular merged in 1303.
The house in Via Donna D’Clay n. 61 of the fifteenth century, which preserves the original eaves and brick remains of two rings, one of which decorates a pointed arch, flanked by the characteristic “door of the dead”.
Gate Levante also known as St. George, rest best preserved ancient city wall of the castle. The door looks like a gate tower quadrangular equipped for defense pouncing and insightful, with trap doors open between the corbels supporting the projection of formerly provided Guelph battlements.
The Church of the Annunciation already church of St. Paul, the oldest part of the building probably dates to 1265. Inside the oldest fresco can be dated to the second half of the fifteenth century. Frescoes of the Crivelli school perhaps cartoons by Pietro Alemanno. The most valuable painting in the church of the Annunciation is the altarpiece, painted in oil on panel by Vincenzo Pagani (who lived between 1490 and 1568).