City of Montemarciano
Via Umberto, 1-071 9163310
The Municipality of Montemarciano and more particularly the Marina area of M. was certainly home to a Roman settlement, as evidenced by recent discoveries: perhaps a “mutatio” or way station along the coastal road. Along the sttale 16 Mandrač dating back to 1400, it remains as testimony of coaching. In the Middle Ages, Montemarciano and Cassian were locations of the castle, and in the fifteenth and sixteenth century, the castle of Montemarciano was “Vicariate” Malatesta and Piccolomini, feudal lords in the name of the Church and of this age are the ancient statutes, valuable evidence of uses and customs of the time. After the short Duchy of Hercules Sfrondati (1591-1593) the country returned to direct rule of Ecclesiastical, entrusted to the government of the apostolic chamber until its annexation to the Kingdom of Italia.Teatro Comunale “Vittorio Alfieri” built in 1886-87 on draft GB Marotti, has two tiers of boxes to “horseshoe” with decorations to the audience dell’anconetano Buratti and the curtain of the Roman Alberici. Restored and returned to its original function, undoubtedly it constitutes an important structure for the cultural life of the municipal district.
Show Malacologica and fossil collection, housed in the Palace of Culture and Associations (former town hall) – Via Umberto I, 18 – Montemarciano.
Park and Villa Comunale “Colle Sereno” nineteenth-century manor house, in panoramic display at the beginning of the town of Montemarciano. Notes of interest mycological: in a specific area of the park was established, from time to time, a rare fungus (Lyphyllum hypoxanthum), found only in France, near the mouth of the river Rhone.
Villa Florida already “Palombara the Lady”, cinquecento Ippolita, wife of Alfonso Piccolomini.
Beautiful source known as public source called “the Selvettina” since 1400, renovated in the nineteenth century and the subject of a recent restoration.
Mandrač Houses Burned building dating from the fifteenth century, built by Malatesta with function port tavern and later used as a post horses Homes Burn.
Villa Marzocchi already “Baccarini-Honorati” (eighteenth century)
Frescoed the Diotallevi are times on the arcades of Via Falcinelli and represent the “four seasons”, “grotesque” and “landscapes”.
Sculpture “The Muse found” work cast in bronze by renowned contemporary sculptor montemarcianese Claudio Candelaresi. It lies within the “Garden on March 8”, Marina di Montemarciano.