Pesaro – Located on the Adriatic coast , in the alluvial plain at the mouth of the Leaf . Towards the sea , the city lies between the hills of San Bartolo Ardizio northwest and southeast , including the historic old town , protected to the east by the imposing Rocca Costanza , and the modern garden city , lined up along the coast, with long tree-lined avenues and straights.
The industrial area has developed since by the loop formed by the Leaf and San Pietro in Caliban . The continued expansion of tourism in orderly rows and regular services to and from Gabicce Fano, even at the growth of tourism. Shopping center and market agricultural products ( fruits, vegetables, cereals, grapes , fodder , cattle for meat and milk, cheese ) , Pesaro is home to several industries : engineering (motorcycles , machine tools and agricultural ) , food , furniture ( particularly important in the recent times ) , knitting and curtain tapes , carpets ; bricks ; ancient fame of the processing of ceramics and pottery ; processing of straw; shipbuilding ( small boats and fishing vessels ) . The commercial activity is favored by the presence of the port – channel , dug in 1614 along the end region of the Leaf, and then partly buried , it was finally settled in 1857 with the departure of the last stretch of the Leaf .
Great impetus has had in recent years, beach tourism , with some good hotels . Birthplace of Gioacchino Rossini , the city has considerable artistic and musical traditions : the theater Rossini, Rossini Museum , Conservatory of Music , Art Institute , etc. . There is a music festival held annually Rossini and a film show . Pesaro is also home of the explorer A. Cecchi . Very few artifacts related to the Roman city , which extended to the right of the river, and the early Middle Ages . The first artistic documents of a certain interest consist of a remarkable group of Romanesque-Gothic churches of which there are several elements: the facade of the cathedral ( the end of the thirteenth century. ) The beautiful portals of St. Augustine ( 1413 ) , San Francis (1356-1373) and St. Dominic ( 1395 ), the latter on the side of the building of the post office, neo-classical building made from the body of the church by L. Poletti (1848) . Until the advent of the Renaissance, the artistic environment of Pesaro has several contacts with the Venetian art , confirmed by some Venetian paintings of the Museum ( Jacobello del Fiore) . The Renaissance is represented by the harmonic Ducal Palace, built at the behest of Alessandro Sforza in the second half of the fifteenth century . , Rebuilt after a fire by Bartholomew and Girolamo Genga. Laurana , present in the city in 1476 , contributed to the construction of the fortress Constance, important example of military architecture , which began in 1474.
Near the town , on the hill of San Bartolo, is the Villa Imperiale , which owes its name to the Emperor Frederick III of Hapsburg who , as a guest of the Sforza family in 1452 , attended the foundation. It was largely rebuilt under the Della Rovere from 1530 by Girolamo Genga , who also wrote most of the interesting decoration fresh , attended Menzocchi , Dossi, Bronzino and Perin del Vaga. In the Municipal Museum , housed in the palace Moscow (GA Lazzarini , XVIII cent.) , Is to report the Coronation of the Virgin altarpiece by Giovanni Bellini and a valuable collection of majolica. The Library Oliveriana , full of manuscripts and incunabula, has an adjoining archaeological museum, which consists primarily of the Iron Age finds from the necropolis of Novilara .