Monte San Vito
Monte San Vito
Via G. Matteotti – 071 748931
The City of Monte San Vito is already mentioned in 1177 in a document related to the fortress and appartentente in sec. XIII in Jesi. In 1316 he passed in Ancona who kept it, except for short domain of the Malatesta and Sforza, until 1860. We can define a country live for the various cultural, recreational and sports activities. And ‘atturalmente running the public library with an adjoining historic archive, which houses over 9,000 books and 1,600 volumes of ancient collection including sixteenth of large existing library of the Franciscan Monastery in the capital until sec. XIX.
Worthy of attention are:
The mill of the ‘600 located in Gramsci, for almost 400 years is a beautiful and well-preserved oil mill, now became a museum, to witness the vocation of Monte San Vito production of olive oil pregievole quality. Dominates the center of the mill a great and mighty millstone, datatat 1688, turned by a donkey, shattered olives. The paste was then pressed between the straining of large wooden presses. The beam in which are inserted two presses is dated 1770, and a wine presses is dated 1875.
Tourist Center “Carlo Urbani” The recent recovery and redevelopment of the factory century Cistercian monastery of “The Visitation”, then in 1903 became the seat of the Agricultural Consortium, represented an important moment of historical preservation and at the same time further opportunities for the development of the area. The building, opened in October 2006, is named after Carlo Urbani, in homage to the Marche medical scientist who died in 2003 to have contracted SARS which dedicated his scientific research to find a cure. The building, intended to pole for the growth of tourism and culture of the entire territory, provides space and multi-purpose rooms, such as the hall of the “vault”, “the barulle”, “grain”, the “exhibition hall”, culminating in the apse with the “hall of the oratorio” used as a conference room – conference of about 80 people.
Communal Theatre La Fortuna: born in 1758 by the will of 18 local notables who joined the foundation of the theater, it was restored and opened again on January 28, 1928. Fully restored to its natural splendor in 2001, with its velvets powder pink, stucco, plasters and dusting delicate tones, is in full swing, offering seasons and theatrical activities always dipregevole artistic level.
There are opportunities to make festive, cheerful and welcoming this charming village that became known for the traditional “Festival of the Castagnolo” organized by the local Pro-site in March and a rich activity in the summer with events, festivals and fairs organized by the City Council, local associations and the Pro-site. The sports facilities in the area have helped to introduce young people to the sport: the sports center “Fratelli Cervi” includes a soccer field, a gym and a tennis court, in Coppo is running the new Municipal Stadium; at Parco Rodari is a multipurpose court for basketball-volleyball and soccer.
Town Hall, inside are preserved paintings attributed to Lorenzo Daretti, painter and architect, active in the second half of the eighteenth century. Probably born in Ancona formed the Bolognese school of Bibbiena with whom he learned the art of perspective representation. There are also 12 tempera paintings in the lunettes of the ceiling, the work of Charles Boria, painter of Clairvaux, made in the 80s and representing the most important moments of life and local history of the twentieth century.
Collegiate Church of St. Peter the Apostle was built in 1753 and designed by architect Cristoforo Moriconi. And ‘late baroque and neoclassical with traits Vanvitelli. Inside they are housed several paintings including a “Madonna del Soccorso” by Filippo Bellini (XV century) and “The Salvator mundi” dell’anconetano Andrea Lilli (XVII). Also noteworthy, the precious wooden choir, an ancient crucifix of the seventeenth century and the largest pipe organ.
Local products and economic:
The territory of the municipality of Monte San Vito is suitable for the production of olive oil; the variety is grown almost exclusively “Raggia” that produces an oil of a fruity harmonious slightly almond, mainly sweet, with a hint of bitter and spicy, yellow gold, and high oleic acid content. The most important events, which are related with the oil, are: ” Opening dell’Orcio “, which takes place during Lent, and the” Autumn Festival “held the third Sunday of November, during the which can be tasted different local dishes seasoned with the ” oio bono “. It is also available for visits, a beautiful and well-preserved mill Oil, existing in the Old Town for over 200 years, which is a symbol of the importance of culture and civilization monsanvitese.