Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 10-071 9470643
The name of Camerata is usually traced back to the ancient Umbrian voice “Camars”, meaning “fortified place naturally.” The current historic core, being in hilly area, right by the river Esino, since ancient times had to have, because of its location, a certain strategic importance and role of control on the first settlements in the area. In all likelihood it was fortified by Ancona and suffered the fate of that city to which he remained for a long time bound for better or for worse. A Camerata was held, in 1309, a fierce battle between Ancona and Jesi considered among the bloodiest of those years. Iesino The army, commanded by Federico da Montefeltro, Duke of Urbino, has the upper hand and manages to scare off his opponents. Troops of Jesi also punished Camerata, for standing ally of Ancona, destroying the Castle. Subsequently Ancona authorize the accounts of Genga and thirty families of the castle to rebuild the town of Camerata and settle there; the requirements of the new inhabitants of Camerata Saranne those of obedience, not always only symbolic, the Dorian city. In 1390/91 the reconstruction of the castle was completed and Camerta becomes inhabited.
Parish Church of the Nativity of the Virgin (XIV century) is located inside the castle and has within it a fine altarpiece and a wooden crucifix.
Castle of the Fortress today fraction of Camerata Picena, the castle dates back to 1375 and was founded by Count Nicholas Torriglioni of Ancona had around numerous estates. The Torriglioni was also the captain of the galley Anconitana that carried Pope Gregory XI returned from Avignon. The plant originally had a cross plan; it remained the gate tower (or entrance tower) and, to protect stretches of curtain, two small gun holes dimennsioni (on either side of the front door) for shooting with musket or artillery.
Castle Camerata, rebuilt in the late fourteenth century has preserved its characteristic circular pattern typical of the fortifications of the hill. From the only door, carved in the wall covering, recently restored, it leads to a characteristic square, (the old court) which houses the parish church. The walls are punctuated by traces of a number of ancient towers equipped for shooting with firearms while the underground castle retains many interesting features of caves and tunnels (partially visited) that even manipulated over the centuries, maintaining the typical medieval architectural appearance.