Piazza Luceoli, 3-0721 789 911

In the seventh century. B.C. an offshoot of the people of the Italians, in migrating from the north to the south, off the Umbrian people Apennines freedom and lands. The discovery of a document of inestimable value as the “Tables of Gubbio,” allowed us to go back to the people who participated in the migration, Ikuvini. These, with the foundation of the ancient city of Luceoli, belong to the history of the origins of Cantiano. Subject to the Etruscans, were later attached peacefully in Rome. Suffered devastating invasions of Heruli and Goths, Luceoli increases its importance in becoming a cornerstone of the “Byzantine corridor”. Meanwhile, in the ninth century, it began the fortification of the two hills Colmatrano Cantiano and around which the supertiti of Luceoli, destroyed in 1137 by Emperor Lothair, ricpiegheranno to start the future community of Cantiano. Obedience to Barbarossa and Federico II, Cantiano passes in 1244 under the jurisdiction of the town of Gubbio and in 1250 under the government of the Church. Even the Malatesta of Rimini and the Counts of Montefeltro is faced to the Castle of Cantiano: dropped in 1393 under the rule of the latter, follow the story of the State of Urbino until 1631.

The Apennine Mountains are easy and hospitable, usually rich in easy tracks. The sharp shadows of the rocky spurs can hide the flight of the Aquila real living in the oasis of protection of Catria and dell’Acate. The meadows are home to a good population of hares and deer. Up the Burano, reach Bosco Tecchie now, the initiative of the municipal administration, with the park for scientific, educational, and recreational nature. It covers about 180 hectares including meadows and pasture-forest with beech trees ecerri; There are 5 varieties of woodpecker. Radiant, damp dead leaves, move: the spotted salamander, the cinghialie deer; the night is the kingdom of owls and tawny owls with their unmistakable call.

Rearing Horse represents traditions and perspectives, the pride of the people of Cantiano and the historical mission of the pastures of the Monte Catria. The origins of this activity date back to 1128 when the monks of the monastery of Fonte Avellana started with foresight and hard work of the first farms in the pastures of Catria. Activity that was made tenaciously prosper by all nations in the following centuries, and still practiced today and destined to increasing success. Origins less remote is the ” Cherry of Cantiano “. It developed into the model of family business typically Marche and while retaining the traits of craft, extended its knowledge of the whole country.



La tua Vacanza: Cantiano

Contatta le strutture