City of Mombaroccio
Piazza Barocci, 6-0721 471103
Castle Mombaroccio tradition is that it was built with the material of five ruins of castles already existing in its vicinity. Mombaroccio knew the rule of the Malatesta, the Sforza, the Della Rovere (under which invested the family became Marquis Del Monte), the Papacy and the occupation of General Napoleon Bonaparte. The Marquis Del Monte favored the recovery of the town and built the Palace of the family, some time in the middle of an action for recovery. Illustrious son of this land was Guidobaldo Del Monte, a contemporary of the last Duke of Urbino by which grew first true mathematician in history, was the instigator of the theories of Galileo Galilei with whom she had a long epistolary relationship. In 1849 the Austrians reintegrarono papal rule that ended in 1860.
Rural Heritage Museum of the evocative exhibition is on display in the basement of the seventeenth-century monastery of San Marco. Has hundreds of pieces, some of which are rare or have now disappeared. Farm tools, craftsmen, household exposure are a collection not easily found elsewhere. The museum is open all year. Visited are also the caves dug into the tuff and about 40 meters long.
Sacred art museum located in the old sacristy and the former Church of San Marco, is developed in seven rooms and includes: paintings, altarpieces, manuscripts, engravings, tapestries, furniture and objects dating from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century. In the Church, also they make a prominent organ and a wooden walnut of the ‘700 and the ancient relic of St. Clement. The museum is open all year.
Museum embroidery embroidery is a traditional activity for women of Mombaroccio. The first historical references are from 1400, when it was used the technique of the tie. The exhibition is set up in two rooms at the base capable of civic tower (1608). The exhibition is open all year.
Photographic exhibition in the beautiful cloister of San Marco, consists of about 100 photographs that recall lifestyles, characters, environments and situations from the early twentieth century to World War II. The exhibition is open all year.
Sanctuary of Blessed Sante (2 km. From the center) beacon of spirituality and a treasure trove of art. Of particular interest to the Church and the Cloister of 1536/38 with the austere quadrangle with rounded arches. Inside a crucifix riferitto the “Sienese school” of the fifteenth century, paintings and frescoes. In an eighteenth-century gilded wooden chest it was placed the body of Blessed Sante Brancorsini. In the Sanctuary you can visit the Pinacoteca.
Museum of a blast from the past that many have lived and others have heard stories from parents or grandparents. The striking exhibit is in the basement of the seventeenth-century monastery of San Marco. It has hundreds of pieces, some of which are rare and almost disappeared forever. Farm tools, craftsmen, household exposure are a collection not easily found elsewhere. The visistatore remains enthusiastic for the place where it is located and for the wide variety of material collected. The rural museum is open all year. Adjacent to the exhibition of rural culture are the eighteenth-century caves, carved into the tufa, intact as it was then, about 40 meters long.