City of Castelbellino
Piazza San Marco, 15-0731 701606
Castelbellino by extension, with its 5.93 sq km., It is the smallest town in the province of Ancona. The oldest name of Castelbellino is Morro Panicale and dates back to the years around Mille, also called Castel Murri or de Murro Panicale. The change from Panicale in Morro Castle Ghibellino occurred at the beginning of the fourteenth century, when some Ghibellines escaped from Jesi took refuge in the castle and restored it. In 1194 the count Trasmondo Morro Panicale, son and grandson of the Counts of Jesi, made an act of submission to the Municipality of Jesi, the first in a series of submissions-achievements that over two hundred formed the countryside of Jesi.
Always within the autonomous community of the County in 1808, with the end of the county itself, Castelbellino was united in Monte Roberto and San Paolo di Jesi, returning only independent in 1818, then positioned in administrative autonomy confirmed following the Unification of ‘Italy. For several years, until his death, he lived in Castelbellino Garibalda Canzio, grandson of Giuseppe Garibaldi.
Church of Our Lady of Lourdes in fraction Pantiere was built in 1891.
Berarducci palace from the beginning of the twentieth century is the town hall, the building dates from the early seventeenth century.
Parish Church of San Marco was built between 1767 and 1787 to a design by Mattia Capponi.
Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, built in the early sixteenth century and restored in 1620, contains a remarkable fresco of 1508.
Villa Coppetti (eighteenth century), noble residence of the Family Meriggiani, passed to Marquis Merighi whose coat of arms can still be seen in the ceiling of a room, then to the barons Franchetti and thus to the family Coppetti.