Piazza Mazzini, 1 to 0731813401
And ‘traceable origin of Castelplanio to the nearby monastery of St. Benedict of Frondigliosi, dependent from the Abbey of St. Helena as mentioned already in 1199. Only in 1283 is the distinction between the Abbey of St. Benedict and the castle stood in the flat part of the hill, from which its name Castel del Piano or Castelplanio. By sec. XIII was part of the County of Jesi until its disbanding in 1808.
He suffered in 1443, after a long siege, the looting by the troops of Niccolò Piccinino in war against Francesco Sforza for ten years lord of Jesi and the entire brand. All the walls, after the looting, it was completely rebuilt by the surviving inhabitants. As one of the sixteen castles of Jesi, he followed the fortunes until the Unification of Italy.
Town Hall already accounts Fossa Mancini, contains Roman and Medieval epigraphs which will soon be the core of a Civic Collection under construction. The interior is full of stucco, paintings and eighteenth-century frescoes. The Historical Archives preserves important manuscripts of the ‘500.
The Castle, whose structure, despite subsequent renovations, still remains. The line of the plant has almost circular and affects a rather small.
Abbey of St. Benedict of Frondigliosi arose in the eleventh century as “canonical”, ie as a monastery by monks called “canons” and soon joined the Abbey of St. Helena.
Parish Church of St. Sebastian was built in 1878 and designed by Mattia Capponi, Cupramontana architect (1720-1803).
Church of SS. Crucifix is the first building of the seventeenth century; It was rebuilt in 1870 and designed by Raffaele Grilli di Jesi.